ETC 2020 application - Luxembourg

#1 by Kiri , Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:04 pm

Dear all,

We are glad to anounce Luxembourg application to host ETC 2020!!!

We are convinced that the Grand Duchy offers the ideal conditions to host such an event:

Video of presentation:

Central location
- A central geographical location with direct and easy road and air connections from all over the EU with an average travel time of less than 3 or 4 hours
- Easy access, with Luxembourg airport and station, as well as proximity to other international airports (Frankfurt, Brussels, etc.)

A rich and wide range of leisure activities (museums, music festivals, nature walks, cycling, etc.) to entertain guests wishing to stay longer than the 5 days of the event

A quality hosting infrastructure
- Modern infrastructure
- At least 4800 square meter
- Air conditioning
- Free Wi-Fi
- Accessible by bus and tramway
- A catering area managed by a service provider with expertise in catering for events of up to 2000 people
- A wide offer restaurants, fast-food and supermarket within walking distance from the venue

An experienced organisational team, with a strong local support ( including TGH, FBJ, Tour d’Ebène, Full Option)

Professional support of victoria Game for the provision of terrains

Maximum estimated fees

ETC: 60
ESC: 25

A wide offer of hotels/airbnb starting from EUR 25/night

Luxembourg full application:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iiLAgzC...ew?usp=drivesdk

Pictures of our previous events
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Fantasy-Batt...638785966437145

Luxembourg T9A Captain 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019

Kiri
Date registered 05.15.2018

Last edited Yesterday | Top

RE: ETC 2020 application - Luxembourg

#2 by TOM A , Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:33 pm

How will Tour D'ebene and Full option be supporting exactly?

TOM A  
TOM A
Date registered 05.16.2018

#3 by Kiri , Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:22 am

By providing:
-terrain/mat for 40k
-volunteers during the event

Kiri

#4 by TOM A , Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:45 am

Quote: Kiri wrote in post #3
By providing:
-terrain/mat for 40k
-volunteers during the event

Just know that terrain from tour d'ebene is generally regarded as poor in the Belgian community and not really suited and adapted to 8th edition. I dont know about full option but as its a small club i cant imagine they can provide logistic support for terrain that is needed for the ETC.

Every bit helps of course but fair warning that 40k terrain might need some additional work and prep...

TOM A  
TOM A
Date registered 05.16.2018

#5 by Kiri , Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:36 am

They're, among others, just helping. They're not providing everything (far from that). Note that their terrain have been renewed this year and nicely painted :).

So don't worry, terrain will be fine ;) (and honestly, better than some etc I've been to).

Kiri

Last edited 01.02.2019 | Top

#6 by Skcuzz , Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:24 pm

Just reading through I have some questions regrarding referees. Currently you only have budgeted for 1 FoW, no AoS and no Xwing referees. Whilst FoW I guess needs only 1 referee, XWing and AoS are growing events and will certainly require dedicated referees.

Also you are not, if I have read this correctly, budgeting for referees travel costs. To take a weeks holiday and travel to the ETC is expensive for referees, but currently having your travel reimbursed makes it viable (as opposed to playing or staying at home). Removing the travel reimbursement will likely make it unviable / turn away people volunteering to be referees. Also, I had always understood that reimbursing the travel costs up to 200euros was a requirement of the host orga; though maybe I am wrong and it has just been covered these past 6 years I have been a refreee.

Regarding food and drinks, you state that catering will be provided by Reimerwee Banquets: but is lunch for the players included in the 60 euro ticket price or not? That is not clear.

Lastly your overall budget; even based on having similar attendance as the past few years your already projecting a loss. You have in fact currently no wiggle room for any unexpected costs or shortfalls. How do your propose to cover those, without having to resort to increasing the entry fee/charging teams a supplementary fee? I highlight this given that Luxembourg is not the cheapest of European destinations and as a result many of our Eastern European or Extra-European teams may find themselves unable to attend due to this. Again what budgetary failsafes or allowances have you provisioned?

Skcuzz  
Skcuzz
Date registered 05.24.2018

Last edited 02.14.2019 | Top

#7 by Kiri , Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:10 pm

Hi Skcuzz and thanks for your interest :)

Quote: Skcuzz wrote in post #6
Just reading through I have some questions regrarding referees. Currently you only have budgeted for 1 FoW, no AoS and no Xwing referees. Whilst FoW I guess needs only 1 referee, XWing and AoS are growing events and will certainly require dedicated referees.

Side games will have referees of course. We are open to additional referees given a need for them. In Zagreb there were 4 AoS teams… we will draw our conclusions based on turn-out rate in Novi-Sad and the interest from the communities in early 2020.

Zitat
lso you are not, if I have read this correctly, budgeting for referees travel costs. To take a weeks holiday and travel to the ETC is expensive for referees, but currently having your travel reimbursed makes it viable (as opposed to playing or staying at home). Removing the travel reimbursement will likely make it unviable / turn away people volunteering to be referees. Also, I had always understood that reimbursing the travel costs up to 200euros was a requirement of the host orga; though maybe I am wrong and it has just been covered these past 6 years I have been a refreee.

As mentioned in the application, we are open to reimburse travel for referees that scan confirm participation early on (especially if travelling by plane). It should be noted that multiple EU countries lay within an easy driving distance therefore helping in lowering travel costs (and increasing chances of reimbursement).

Zitat
Regarding food and drinks, you state that catering will be provided by Reimerwee Banquets: but is lunch for the players included in the 60 euro ticket price or not? That is not clear.

Lunch is not included. As mentioned in the dossier there will be a catering offer from Reimerwee Banquets and mall / restaurants / fast-food options within walking distance

Zitat
Lastly your overall budget; even based on having similar attendance as the past few years your already projecting a loss. You have in fact currently no wiggle room for any unexpected costs or shortfalls. How do your propose to cover those, without having to resort to increasing the entry fee/charging teams a supplementary fee? I highlight this given that Luxembourg is not the cheapest of European destinations and as a result many of our Eastern European or Extra-European teams may find themselves unable to attend due to this. Again what budgetary failsafes or allowances have you provisioned?

Our budget is balanced ans bases on the 3 last years attendances. Also, our budget do not take into account any side games income, nor any subside we have asked for. So as mentioned in the application, fées indicated in the application are the maximum. Should the budget be in loss (which is very unlikely) thé association should be in position to cover the loss thanks to the income of our annual event.

The fee will not be increased for the following reasons:
- Our association has own funds to cover potential losses but we are confident that this will not be needed
- We are applying for grants and state support
- We reasonably expect higher attendance rate for side event (access for FR, DE, BE, NL, IT, CH players is much easier than Zagreb or Novi-Sad for example)

We are fully aware that Luxembourg can be seen as an expensive country, nevertheless (as pointed out in our application) it should be completely feasible for everybody to attend.
- Accommodation from 25€ per person per night
- Free public transportation (also from airport to city center)
- Low cost of gasoline and diesel
- Shopping center with multiple food options next to venue

Kiri

Last edited 02.20.2019 | Top

#8 by Kiri , Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:06 pm

Just to let you know that this week-end will take place our annual 9th age event (20 teams of five, 100 people).

If you want to have a look to our organisation, We'll try to give you some direct feedback on our Facebook page :
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Fantasy-Batt...638785966437145

Best regards

Kiri

Last edited 03.14.2019 | Top

#9 by Kiri , Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:26 pm

Only 2 weeks left before the begining of the vote !!

Why Luxembourg ?

Kiri

Last edited 03.15.2019 | Top

#10 by Kiri , Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:41 am

Hi folks,

We have a great news for you!

Just got the confirmation that Victoria Game intends to support the Luxembourg application!

VictoriaGame is the official and exclusive distributor for (i) Warmachine and Horde of Privateer Press and (ii) Mantic in France. The CEO of the company is a former member of the French ETC team, heavily involved on the French wargame scene.

How will VictoriaGame help us? By providing us with their high quality terrains and mats at a very low-cost price, in order to ensure that the ETC experience will be the best for everyone. These terrains will then be available for sale following the event.

More information about the company: https://www.victoriagame.fr

Kiri

ETC 2020 Host Vote - Outline
ETC 2019 - Referee Applications

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor