Need for a change in Team Greece

#1 by christosblack , Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:50 pm

Dear Sirs,

I am in the difficult position of writing this text in order to ask of you to give the possibility to Team Greece to come back into the ETC WH40K tournaments with a new captain.
Currently in Greece there is a strong WH40K community with many tournaments and a lot of interest for participation in international events. We have more than 50 active players in a variety of clubs and shops who have been asking why there has not been a Greek participation in the last few years in such an event.

After my participation in the recent WTC and the contacts I made in Greece afterwards, where all are of the same mind, we would be grateful if you could consider the proposal of the Greek WH40K community for our reappearance in the ETC with a new Captain

Regards,
Chris

christosblack  
christosblack
Date registered 11.30.2018

Last edited 12.03.2018 | Top

RE: Need for a change in Team Greece

#2 by TOM A , Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:28 pm

Hello Chris,

I contacted Yiannis, the current residing captain, about this issue. If he doesn't reply soon we can petition the chairmen officially to instate you or a new representative as the new Captain.

Will keep you in the loop!

TOM A  
TOM A
Date registered 05.16.2018

#3 by TOM A , Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:37 pm

Iannis posted this on the Captains section not too long ago. I contacted him a few minutes ago and he says this still stands:

Zitat
Greetings everyone,

It was impossible for many reasons for Team Greece to participate in the 2017 event, same and even more so was the state of affairs for last year as well, with all of the most competent and veteran players completely occupied, with activities that where simply impossible to put on hold. For the above reasons and with all the ETC and GW restructuring going on we did not intervene in any issue, but as I posted on contact details we are still here.

I wish to therefore inform everyone that the team is being reorganized and reassembled for the ETC 2019, we are even considering running for smaller ETC events and tournaments, good luck and a good season to everyone!

I would suggest to get in touch with the Greek ETC Team and see what terms of agreements you can come to in regards to representation for the ETC.

TOM A  
TOM A

Last edited 12.03.2018 | Top

#4 by christosblack , Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:10 pm

Hi again,

I would like to inform you that to the best of my knowledge there has been no effort whatsoever to gather a team from the members of official clubs and
shop/venue tournament goers in the last 2 years. Shop owners and club members have not been notified of any team call for an appearance in ETC or any other event.

As regards ourselves, we are in full cooperation with all major clubs in Greece and shop owners who are going to support us in our effort. As you already know a team appeared
in Zagreb and another one is coming to the Belgian Team Championships 2019. The first major team tournament in years is taking place by us this December, which has been added to tourneykeeper by the way, XMASS TEAM TOURNAMENT 2018 with ETC rulepack.

Unfortunately there has been an effort to contact the Captain recently by us and instead of an open and promising Greek participation to ETC our players were met with hostility.

Regards,
Chris

christosblack  
christosblack
Date registered 11.30.2018

#5 by TOM A , Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:27 pm

Quote: christosblack wrote in post #4
I would like to inform you that to the best of my knowledge there has been no effort whatsoever to gather a team from the members of official clubs and shop/venue tournament goers in the last 2 years. Shop owners and club members have not been notified of any team call for an appearance in ETC or any other event.

That's it. To the best of your knowledge is not conclusive enough.

Zitat
Unfortunately there has been an effort to contact the Captain recently by us and instead of an open and promising Greek participation to ETC our players were met with hostility.

This is exactly why the ETC is taking a stance in NOT interfering with politicking within a team on the national level. There is no way for our chairmen to know what is what, nor can they invest the time to look in greater detail what is going on. Your best bet is raising this point in your community and enforcing something to happen in that regard. Feel free to link to any pages where issues like this are being discussed within your community to any of the chairmen.

TOM A  
TOM A

#6 by Ianos , Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:03 pm

Everything is clear and available in the official Team Hellas FB page where you can see the charter as voted by the previous team members including some of the WTC participants. I also have proof of how the contacting happened, and if there where any (internet and mobile archives). The chairman TOM A had also no issue in finding me late at night when this thread came up, to resolve the issue asap, to which I responded immediately as always. As voted by the last playing team (as well) I am the captain unanimously, coach is still the coach unanimously and we expect you to follow the rules for once and contact us, just as the chairman has already told you to do. Your co-participators in the WTC as well as everyone in the community who has ever wanted to know us, even have our mobile phone numbers. I also expect you to inform me (as i have also asked, almost 2 months ago, the only person from your group AFAIK who contacted me then) on who those (you) people are who want to participate, who the clubs and the organizations are. Honestly, I don't understand why you are lying for things you supposedly don't know and what all this is about. Those who supposedly want to participate should contact the official team and not vice versa, in spite of me notifying everyone for years now, because of my own volition. You folks being unwilling to follow any charters, any simple rules or any guidance offered to you by the head chairman for 40k is proof enough that you are not team material. It is surprising though, that former team members of the official team that still exists, failed to inform you either. Contact me with names this time, I need to see the 50 names and the exact clubs etc. Furthermore since you (plural) have come to the point of bringing this matter to the forum, challenging the standing Captain, Coach and Team, you must now finally disclose the real name of the ACTUAL challenger, so that everyone can finally know who is behind this (regarding captaincy), and until you do I will have no further discussion about this. It is also obvious that you are talking about a pool of players and not a team. The coach and I are still and always available, as we have always been.

P.S.1 Tom, I am compiling all pertinent facts and archives to send to the chairmen in case you require them, so you can have a clear picture if you need to.
P.S.2 I feel sorry that the ETC community had to see what is going on in Greece in the worst possible way, especially with all the real challenges the ETC is facing currently.

Team Hellas Captain

Ianos  
Ianos
Date registered 06.02.2018

#7 by pizzaguardian , Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:09 am

Ianos, your lack of understanding the situation is clear.

Tom is not a chairmen, hasn't been a chairmen since at least for 2 years.

The current chairmen is considering the situation, you have failed to bring a team to the ETC for 2 years straight and consider the fact the last time there was a Greek 40K team the event was in Greece, which is not saying much.

We take this matter seriously. And consider the facts as presented, it is rare that the Chair act on such matters but when a team fails to show up for 2 years we will look into the situation.

Feel free to make your case here if you wish, but also know that the request is being taken seriously.

Işık - pizzaguardian

2019 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - ETC Chairmen
2018 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - ETC Chairmen - WTC Head Judge - BTC Janissaries
2017 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - ETC Chairmen - ESC Referee - WTC Head Judge
2016 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - WTC Head Judge
2015 WTC Merc

pizzaguardian
Date registered 05.14.2018

#8 by Ianos , Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:03 am

Dear Mr. Chairman pizzaguardian,

I am obliged to inform you that I am fully aware, for a while now, that TOM A is a former Chairman (his absence of signature is quite easy to spot anyhow); I only referred to him in that way in an honorary manner and out of respect, as it is customary for prominent individuals to be referred to with their latest most important title.

As such I sincerely hope, that wording, which could even be attributed to a typo, is not to be considered to make me look like less of a captain, in either your or the rest of the chairmen’s eyes.

I and the coach will be convening with the rest of the team in the coming days and I will post again on this thread hopefully within the next week.

Meanwhile Mr. christoblack and the individuals he claims to represent, will have even more ample time to make proper contact with me (besides Mr. christosblack has all my contact details), as I am always ready to include ever-more people into team formation, disregarding any past actual or perceived grievances or misunderstandings.

Best regards to everyone.

Team Hellas Captain

Ianos  
Ianos
Date registered 06.02.2018

Last edited 12.08.2018 | Top

Free terrain and discounted tickets for ETC teams who want to come to the London GT
Looking for a Team

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor