RE: Discussion about the New Charter

#16 by pizzaguardian , Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:33 pm

It is not beyond discussion tough. ETC needs reform and that reform can come with charter change and a forming of a non-profit.

2018 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - ETC Chairmen - WTC Head Judge - BTC Janissaries
2017 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - ETC Chairmen - ESC Referee - WTC Head Judge
2016 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - WTC Head Judge
2015 WTC Merc

pizzaguardian
Date registered 05.14.2018

#17 by slivek , Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: non-profit NGO - it's free in Poland at least.

ETC+ESC 2018 Head Referee
ETC+ESC 2017 Head Referee

slivek  
slivek
Date registered 06.01.2018

#18 by TOM A , Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:55 pm

Quote: slivek wrote in post #17
Re: non-profit NGO - it's free in Poland at least.

An international one?

TOM A  
TOM A
Date registered 05.16.2018

#19 by TOM A , Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:02 pm

Quote: Potan wrote in post #15
But having own etc terrain brings a lot of complications - ETC first needs own budget and some stored money. Because storing stuff in twenty garages across Europe is not a solution. And if renting a storagehouse, its imho necesary to have some spare money for case if "ETC year XY" would be non profitable - which could always happen out of pure misfortune or because host orga wants new BMW.

It is only complicated because we don't have a structure in place to carry it atm. I don't think any ETC can be non profitable unless if the organizer makes some extremely bad deals and puts himself in that spot.

I think the ETC needs a reform so there is a way to control the money flow.

Zitat
I think ETC first of need to have its account/money for some time - which brings another problem who will take care of it and other "law stuff" - and than it could think about having terrains and stuff.

What are we discussing here then? A way to patch problems in the current charter that needs a rework? How about we broaden our horizons and work towards something more stable and sustainable, or at least discuss that? Yes it will require more work and yes it will require trusting some sort of 'board' with the money, but there is no reason to close the door and saying 'its too hard', 'its too complicated', without delving into the matters first, having the discussions and checking all the options.

Zitat
But all its long run problem and need bigger restructualizations and imho its not things, that could be just added to the charter.

Sorry, I thought we were discussing a complete charter reform, not a charter patch... As per above. I think we could do with a more positive attitude rather than an umpteenth premature 'but it won't work'.

TOM A  
TOM A
Date registered 05.16.2018

Last edited 09.28.2018 | Top

#20 by Scottish Knight , Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:48 pm

Setting up the ETC as a non-profit organisation would definitely be possible.

The ETC would then enter into a legal agreement with the organisers, setting out what the organisers have to provide. It would be possible, if desired, to have a licence fee attached to that agreement, as some percentage of profits for example.

That would certainly allow the ETC to arrange for storage and transportation of terrain, provided it has the funds.

Also, if the venue for the next ETC was chosen in the lead up to the current one, that would allow transportation to be considered to have the resources in the right place without additional moving around.

I'd be happy to help out with structuring and forming a corporate vehicle for the ETC.

Captain - Team Scotland T9A 2019

Scottish Knight  
Scottish Knight
Date registered 08.08.2018

ETC 2019 - Captains Poll
Greeting from the X-Wing community

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor