[VOTE] Chairmen Council 2019 - Proposal to accept all current candidates & if not, making selection

#1 by pizzaguardian , Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:56 pm

Since the proposed restructure for the chairmen board of 2019 was voted down we are proceeding as normal. Albeit with added one small step.

The first part of the vote is either to accept everybody who stepped up to volunteer for the board. Chairmen candidates and their applications can also be seen in detail here: [CHAIRMEN] Elections For 2019

1-Krzysztof Piszcz
2-Fillipo
3-Jonny Fisher
4-Potan
5-James Brown
6-Chris Legg
7-Marko
8-Babnik
9-Ed Murdoch
10-Isik

Tom and Vladimir decided to pull their applications. So that leaves us with 10 volunteers.

The reason the first question is to allow everybody who wants to help with to become a chair. And if the first part isnt accepted by the captains, we default to the charter and the captains need to post the candidates in a preference scale. The 6 most preferred candidates will take the position.

Zitat
Q1: Do you want to expand the size of the chairmen board for ETC 2019 to 10 people in order to accept all the volunteers?
A. Yes
B. No

Q2. If Q1 result is "No". Which 6 candidates do you want to see represented in the board? (The vote will be counted with the Condorcet Method, so put your all choice ina preference scale
(Write 6 numbers of candidates you prefer)

Example Ballot

Zitat
1. A
2. 1>9>2>8>10>3>4>7>6>5

The vote ends on October 5th 22:00 CEST. The ballots can be posted as a comment below or be sent to this account as a private message.

2019 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - ETC Chairmen
2018 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - ETC Chairmen - WTC Head Judge - BTC Janissaries
2017 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - ETC Chairmen - ESC Referee - WTC Head Judge
2016 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - WTC Head Judge
2015 WTC Merc

pizzaguardian
Date registered 05.14.2018

Last edited 09.21.2018 | Top

RE: [VOTE] Chairmen Council 2019 - Proposal to accept all current candidates & if not, making selection

#2 by Mike (Santa) Klaka , Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:27 pm

This is wrong.
The 'withdrawal' was on the basis of a vote to change things and an assumption the vote would be passed (see below). It was not passed so there are more candidates. If anyone wishes to withdraw it should be made clear here (on the Forum) by the individuals in person. I think the chairmen have done an excellent job over the years but please do not screw up on a clash of personalities - which it looks like. I have no vote but would like to see ALL those who put their names forward to be a Chairman to be included - including the candidates 'connected' to the organisers. If you can't work together the ETC is going to struggle to survive, I am 'allergic' to committees but am happy to make suggestions.The original withdrawal was :-

'In light of things both me and Vladimir will withdraw our application as chairmen candidates.'

Which is not an unconditional withdrawal.

Mike.

Team England FOW Coach (non playing)

Mike (Santa) Klaka  
Mike (Santa) Klaka
Date registered 07.16.2018

RE: [VOTE] Chairmen Council 2019 - Proposal to accept all current candidates & if not, making selection

#3 by TOM A , Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:20 am

Quote: Mike (Santa) Klaka wrote in post #2
This is wrong.
The 'withdrawal' was on the basis of a vote to change things and an assumption the vote would be passed (see below). It was not passed so there are more candidates. If anyone wishes to withdraw it should be made clear here (on the Forum) by the individuals in person. I think the chairmen have done an excellent job over the years but please do not screw up on a clash of personalities - which it looks like. I have no vote but would like to see ALL those who put their names forward to be a Chairman to be included - including the candidates 'connected' to the organisers. If you can't work together the ETC is going to struggle to survive, I am 'allergic' to committees but am happy to make suggestions.The original withdrawal was :-

'In light of things both me and Vladimir will withdraw our application as chairmen candidates.'

Which is not an unconditional withdrawal.

Mike.

I will speak for myself here in stating that my withdrawal was more the result of the way this was done than the actual vote itself. There was no polling the captains before the start of the vote (which should never ever ever happen imo for a vote that goes directly against the charter or normal order of business), there was no direct communication with either me or Vladimir to defuse the situation, but on the contrary some chairmen felt it was necessary to pile on a little and feed the notion that we need to be mistrusted for some reason other than that we care about the ETC and that we want to deliver a great event this year (we have been chairmen in the past and I don't think either of us have abused that trust so the underhand comments were a blow to my morale to fly the ETC chairmen flag again) .

It is also a fact that this vote was pushed through by a minority of the chairmen (as per usual, only the active ones amongst the ones elected), whom are applying again this year. Needless to say I do not look forward to working closely in concert with those chairmen this year as they don't seem to follow a road of dialogue and looking for a compromise. Their actions and attitude have closed the door for me as a chairmen, maybe permanently. Basically, I don't trust the currently instated (and possibly future re-elected) chairmen to make the right decisions. I take issue with their attitude of steering the wheel rather than paving the road in that they don't take informed decisions but just try to push through their own agenda, making everyone loose time in the process just like with the vote that instigated our candidacy withdrawal. I have an ETC to help run and organize, I don't have the time or the will to fight them on the very basic issues as they don't seem willing to admit they are on the wrong path with taking the unilateral 'this is how we chairmen see it, now vote on it' road. Over the years we have evolved from a chairmen board that were the middleman between etc org and players wishes, always seeking advice and direction, to a chairmen board (actually a few individuals) who think it is Ok to act on their own wishes and agenda for the ETC. I hope the newly instated chairmen will change the direction we have taken in that regard over the last few years to more like how it was in the past, but until then I will save my energy and turn it into a positive to hopefully deliver another great ETC rather than having to deal with a lot of negative emotions coming from being a member of the chairmen board who needs to be mistrusted and abused for no other reason than that he also wants to help run a better ETC. Enough is enough I think?

TOM A  
TOM A
Date registered 05.16.2018

Last edited 09.22.2018 | Top

#4 by Mike (Santa) Klaka , Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:24 pm

I think Tom has withdrawn.

Would Vladimir like to clarify his position, ie Withdrawn or not.

The organisers know that they will have to work with the Chairmen when they submit a bid, I have little sympathy with complaints on this issue, especially as this is not the first time these organisers have hosted an ETC. The vote has passed, lets all look forward to the 2019 ETC and leave the past where it belongs - in the past.

Mike

Team England FOW Coach (non playing)

Mike (Santa) Klaka  
Mike (Santa) Klaka
Date registered 07.16.2018

#5 by TOM A , Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:21 pm

Quote: Mike (Santa) Klaka wrote in post #4
The organisers know that they will have to work with the Chairmen when they submit a bid, I have little sympathy with complaints on this issue, especially as this is not the first time these organisers have hosted an ETC. The vote has passed, lets all look forward to the 2019 ETC and leave the past where it belongs - in the past.

Mike

Mike, we have no qualms working together, in fact we have already been aligning on a few key points in the past few weeks (mostly with Isik regarding terrain handover, and carry-over of partnership deals). If there are complaints or issues we have, we will address them immediately before the CCC if they cannot be resolved to our liking with the chair board. I trust the chair board to do the same. As long as the co-operation is fair and respectful, there will be no issue whatsoever, so there is no immediate need for concern regarding. We know what it takes to organise an ETC, and encourage interaction to address any questions, potential issues,... as our main concern is simply delivering a stand-up experience for everyone come the summer.

TOM A  
TOM A

#6 by Vladimir Curcic , Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:50 pm

Hi guys,

I will withdraw from this run as a chairman since I find this whole thing a storm in a cup... I dont want chair to feel threatened or influenced or whatever.... We have an tournament to organize and I hope that we will have a chairman board that is wiling to spend some time on that and hopefully help us make a great event.

I am sure that we will have great communication and that next body of chairman will make a reasonable and realistic new charter that we can discuss this year. Good luck to you all! :D

Vladimir Curcic  
Vladimir Curcic
Date registered 09.01.2018

#7 by Oli186 , Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:46 pm

So are we voting now?

I know the deadline is gone but this issue was never resolved, now it looks like it is resolved shall the voting begin?

Team England X-Wing captain 2016-present

Oli186
Date registered 09.01.2018

#8 by pizzaguardian , Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:33 pm

The voting has already begun. Althoughfrom your message it looks like it might be better to extend deadline.

2019 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - ETC Chairmen
2018 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - ETC Chairmen - WTC Head Judge - BTC Janissaries
2017 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - ETC Chairmen - ESC Referee - WTC Head Judge
2016 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - WTC Head Judge
2015 WTC Merc

pizzaguardian
Date registered 05.14.2018

#9 by Chris Legg , Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:55 pm

Quote: Oli186 wrote in post #7
So are we voting now?

I know the deadline is gone but this issue was never resolved, now it looks like it is resolved shall the voting begin?

Hi Oli,

To clarify the comments made only FOW, T9A and 40K captains have a vote on this matter. We will be looking to formally expand the ETC to encompass Xwing as a main system (and give voting rights) but this requires a charter change. It is partially why we wanted a guaranteed X-wing Chair position in the previous vote.

ETC England WFB / Ninth Age 2009 - 2019
ETC Chairman 2018-2019

Chris Legg  
Chris Legg
Date registered 05.22.2018

#10 by TOM A , Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:59 pm

Quote: Chris Legg wrote in post #9
We will be looking to formally expand the ETC to encompass Xwing as a main system (and give voting rights) but this requires a charter change. It is partially why we wanted a guaranteed X-wing Chair position in the previous vote.

I am sure you ment to say: this requires a 2/3rd majority CCC vote on top of a charter change.

TOM A  
TOM A

Last edited 10.03.2018 | Top

#11 by Danish40kCaptain , Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:41 am

Do any of the candidates want to eliminate 9th age from the ETC so we can get GW backing? If so, I will vote for them/him.

Danish40kCaptain  
Danish40kCaptain
Date registered 05.15.2018

#12 by Mike Newman , Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:51 am

Strong talk seeing as last year GW were ok with 9th being part of the event and we were happy for them to be part of it.

Yet it didnít go through because people didnít want to play out of the box 40k - which was as a GW demand

England t9A 2015, 2016, captain 2017, co-captain 2018, captain 2019

Mike Newman  
Mike Newman

Last edited 10.04.2018 | Top

#13 by TOM A , Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:24 am

Quote: Mike Newman wrote in post #12
Strong talk seeing as last year GW were ok with 9th being part of the event and we were happy for them to be part of it.

Yet it didn’t go through because people didn’t want to play out of the box 40k - which was as a GW demand

Weird. I didnt see any topics asking if we didnt want to play out of the box 40k if it would mean getting GW backing last year?

The chairmen and more specifically Chris Legg was adamant GW did not want to get involved as long as 9th age is in the mix.

Seems like someone is not being truthful here. Can you share when and how and why and with whom you had been in contact to support your claim?

TOM A  
TOM A

#14 by Mike Newman , Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:26 am

Iím not really sure why/how/when/with whom it matters now. As GW did not get involved last year.

However it was from various conversations I have had about the ETC with people who work in events/community at GW, from the ETC itself from a number of people I know very well on the 40k scene, and from a multiple chairmen I have discussed the GW question with.

I think you will very clearly find that the 9th age scene have absolutely no problem with AoS and GW being involved - indeed a number of us would love to see it happen.

However asking for the largest system at the ETC to be removed to get a support of which you have no idea what will actually be provided/what the conditions will be seems a strange and some what needless stand point at this moment in time.

England t9A 2015, 2016, captain 2017, co-captain 2018, captain 2019

Mike Newman  
Mike Newman

Last edited 10.04.2018 | Top

#15 by Danish40kCaptain , Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:12 am

The point was mostly to provoke, as this chairmen thing has been a much more drawn-out process this year than the previous years. It's arduous keeping up, and it's frankly not interesting enough to pay attention to that much. There's been talk about separating the ETC and turning it into multiple smaller events. That would be nice, I think, as the ETC's current size is getting to be too big. Some would argue it has been too big for a few years already. I don't know how that would work in practice, that's not really my concern, but I do know that it would make most sense to separate AoS and T9A based on what's been said about GW and backing an event with both those systems present. So if that means AoS and 40K make their own event or T9A make their own I don't know. It seems to be the same thing with different words.

Danish40kCaptain  
Danish40kCaptain

ETC 2019 -Q&A THREAD
Discussion about updating the host questionaire

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor