RE: [VOTE] New Type of Chairmen Council for ETC 2019

#16 by Danish40kCaptain , Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:26 am

I don't give a shit about any of the above so long as Tom and Isik get to be chairmen. They're the only ones I trust with the job, and they're tried and tested. I don't know any of the others.

So I guess I vote A?

Generally this vote is a fucking mess. I have no idea if I should just vote or join the debate or if the vote is even actually on. Would be nice if things were much more clear when they're posted as a vote.

Danish40kCaptain  
Danish40kCaptain
Date registered 05.15.2018

#17 by pizzaguardian , Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:01 pm

Although the discussion is heated, the vote is going on. Send your votes to this account as PM .

2018 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - ETC Chairmen - WTC Head Judge - BTC Janissaries
2017 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - ETC Chairmen - ESC Referee - WTC Head Judge
2016 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - WTC Head Judge
2015 WTC Merc

pizzaguardian
Date registered 05.14.2018

#18 by graham , Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:53 am

It is a shame that the idea was put forward in this way - after asking people to step forward to be elected under the existing system. Would we need to start from scratch if this gets passed? (There might be other candidates under this system and some might disagree with the 'slot' arbitrarily assigned to them by Isik or not wish to stand under the 'new' system.)

I have voted by PM as requested.

Team England FoW 2014-2017
Team England FoW Captain 2018

graham  
graham
Date registered 05.17.2018

#19 by Chris Legg , Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:13 am

Quote: graham wrote in post #18
It is a shame that the idea was put forward in this way - after asking people to step forward to be elected under the existing system. Would we need to start from scratch if this gets passed? (There might be other candidates under this system and some might disagree with the 'slot' arbitrarily assigned to them by Isik or not wish to stand under the 'new' system.)

Hi Graham,

As far as I am aware the ETC has never been in this position before with such an abundance of volunteers, so it was a little unexpected for us!

It wasn't Isik along who defined the 'slots', it was a joint decision and based entirely on the playing history of the applicants.

Chris

ETC England WFB / Ninth Age 2009 - 2019
ETC Chairman 2018-2019

Chris Legg  
Chris Legg
Date registered 05.22.2018

#20 by Mike (Santa) Klaka , Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:11 am

Quote: graham wrote in post #18

Hi Graham,

As far as I am aware the ETC has never been in this position before with such an abundance of volunteers, so it was a little unexpected for us!

It wasn't Isik along who defined the 'slots', it was a joint decision and based entirely on the playing history of the applicants.

Chris
ETC England WFB / Ninth Age 2009 - 2018
ETC Chairman 2018

Who made the 'slotting decision' is not quite clear but surly the candidates get to choose which slot to apply for.
1. Even if it is the outgoing Chairmen who allocate the slots what happens if a candidate does not want that slot?
2. What happens if there are no candidates for a particular slot?
3 Why do two systems share 4 slots but others only have one?
4.What happens if (say) 40K gets all the shared slots and 9th Age non?
5.What if the two 'host' candidates decide to resign from the orgas, do they then go to the shared slots (assuming they retract their intention to withdraw)?
6.What happens if more candidates decide they wish to stand under the new system? I am quite tempted to put my own name forward, I might be rather old and 'past it' but I doubt I would make a worse proposal.

The timing of this vote, in between asking for candidates and voting, is just about as bad as you could plan it.

I know it is traditional at the ETC to have as many votes as possible but it might be Christmas before this gets sorted if it is approved. Hopefully enough Captains will vote against it so we (just) have the vote to decide from the existing names.

Mike.

Team England FOW Coach (non playing)

Mike (Santa) Klaka  
Mike (Santa) Klaka
Date registered 07.16.2018

#21 by Bosje , Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:53 am

IMO, a change of system of this size should be decided before people are asked to step up, not decided on after you know how many and which people have stepped up. I'm not against changing to this system per se, but it should be decided by the board before volunteers are asked. I'd say let the new board make plans for how the next board should look so there can be a vote well before we next vote for a board.

Team Netherlands FoW 2017
Team Greece FoW 2018
Team Netherlands FoW Captain 2019

Bosje  
Bosje
Date registered 08.07.2018

#22 by pizzaguardian , Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:11 am

The vote is over and counting is done.

But before that i would like to say a few words personally.

Zitat
Only 20 ish captains have voted, which is hugely dissapointing, this is not about the result one way or the other.

I personally feel dishearthened by the lack of interest of the CCC to the events that effect the ETC.

I encourage or even plead to the captains to participate more, ETC captaincy is not about showing up one month before the event for list submission and dissapperaing one week after the event.

Be more active. ETC needs you...

The results are 12-8 for the option 1. Yes, change to New Type .

As the yes side did not get 66% of the vote does NOT pass.

This means we are going back to regularly scheduled programming soon.

Starting with a vote to accept one of the alternative proposals put forth, which was implemented last year as well; about expanding the chairmen council to all applicants.

This vote will also include another question of preference scale of the candidates that came forth incase the option to accep tall volunteers is not accepted.

Edit: Although the vote did not pass, it is clear that a change to the current structure to how ETC functions has some support.

2018 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - ETC Chairmen - WTC Head Judge - BTC Janissaries
2017 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - ETC Chairmen - ESC Referee - WTC Head Judge
2016 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - WTC Head Judge
2015 WTC Merc

pizzaguardian
Date registered 05.14.2018

Last edited 09.13.2018 | Top

#23 by Scottish Knight , Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:59 pm

When will that vote start?

Captain - Team Scotland T9A 2019

Scottish Knight  
Scottish Knight
Date registered 08.08.2018

#24 by Kiri , Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:47 am

Zitat
This vote will also include another question of preference scale of the candidates that came forth incase the option to accep tall volunteers is not accepted.

Edit: Although the vote did not pass, it is clear that a change to the current structure to how ETC functions has some support

A vote.... again ???
I really think we Shall start the vote for chairmen and then amend the chart instead of all this tinkering.

Luxembourg T9A Captain 2016, 2017 & 2018

Kiri
Date registered 05.15.2018

ETC 2019 Host Vote - Winner Novi Sad, Serbia!
ETC CHARTER

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor