RE: For the sake of transparency.

#16 by Mike Newman , Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:12 am

konrad was the polish captain. Not Stanislaw

Who I feel for, as he’s getting a lot of stick for something he wasnt part of.

England t9A 2015, 2016, captain 2017, co-captain 2018, captain 2019

Mike Newman  
Mike Newman
Date registered 05.15.2018

Last edited 08.14.2018 | Top

#17 by lagerlof , Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:23 am

Can one of the mods please just ban and remove alls posts from "Spectator", all he does it make the Polish team look bad. He is just a troll and not one of their players (I hope), so please, just remove his account and remove the troll.

lagerlof  
lagerlof
Date registered 08.08.2018

#18 by Laik , Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:19 am

Quote: lagerlof wrote in post #17
Can one of the mods please just ban and remove alls posts from "Spectator", all he does it make the Polish team look bad. He is just a troll and not one of their players (I hope), so please, just remove his account and remove the troll.

So this one is not entitled to try to have your opinion?

Your lies make Team Sweden looks bad (I'm still on Holiday so I don't have time to quote them, but I'll do it once I'll be back if needed)

Laik  
Laik

#19 by Mike Newman , Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:23 am

Fwiw Laik I believe a member of the polish team (crusader?) already came out and asked we disregarded all things spectator posted as he doesn’t speak for the polish team

Mike Newman  
Mike Newman

#20 by Laik , Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:31 am

I don't know who that person is, for sure he's not speaking for Polish team but I don't like censorship when someone disagrees with an opinion that is very common in T9A forum.
Everyone has his own mind and decide If what he hear is true or not.

Laik  
Laik

#21 by El Rey , Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:47 am

Laik, this forum is for ETC players and the ETC community. If one have not attended the ETC, then one have really no business posting here, especially if one posts is mainly trolling. I suggested this back in the TWF days, that people should use either real names or they should have a tag that indifferent their team/system and which ETC they have been too. This is not meant to be a open forum for all people, so removing people, that have nothing to do with the ETC, or their posts I see as a perfectly fine solution. Either people tell who they are and how they are associated with the ETC or they do not post here.

T9A Denmark

ETC 2006 #2 (LM), ETC 2007 #4 (Brets), ETC 2008 #12 (LM), ETC 2009 #3 (DoC), ETC 2010 #1 (VC), ETC 2011 #2 (WoC & AR member), ETC 2012 #4 (Ogre & AR member), ETC 2013 #3 (Ogre, AR member & FAQ member), ETC 2014 #5 (Skaven & AR member), ETC 2015 #7 (DoC), ETC 2016 #4 (Coach), ETC 2017 #4 (Coach), ETC 2018 #5 (Media).

El Rey

#22 by lagerlof , Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:09 pm

It's not about censorship or not letting him have his own opinion, it's about not letting trolls take up space with their blatant lies. Which he obviously is.

Also agree with Kent, unless you were a player, judge, coach or something at the ETC, I don't see why you should be able to post here. Atleast post with your real name so that someone actually knows who you are.

lagerlof  
lagerlof

#23 by KeyserSoze , Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:38 pm

Quote: Laik wrote in post #20
I don't know who that person is, for sure he's not speaking for Polish team but I don't like censorship when someone disagrees with an opinion that is very common in T9A forum.
Everyone has his own mind and decide If what he hear is true or not.

While I respect this person's right to speak his mind, and also his disappointment, he admitted himself he knows nothing about the game, and since he got here he only presents false facts and he's being impolite. We're trying to have a civilised conversation on significant matters here and people like him definitely do not help at all.

KeyserSoze  
KeyserSoze
Date registered 07.13.2018

#24 by Spectator , Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:02 am

Last you hear from me. A lot of comments I feel I need to refer to:

1. As for me being an alt account. Sure you ( admin of site) can check that. Feel free to.

2. "Being aggressive in football games can get you a ban."
CAN being a crucial word here. Ronaldo got away with punches in the face few times.

3. "since he got here he only presents false facts and he's being impolite" name one "false fact" (whatever that means: either it's a fact or it isn't) or me being impolite please

4. So I am being impolite? What about replies I got?:
"blatant lies" name one pls
"Can one of the mods please just ban and remove alls posts from "Spectator""
"especially if one posts is mainly trolling"
"You starting to sound like a broken record." Correct, as I am making the same point
"Give it a break loser."

5. "What on earth does this have to do with anything?? Head to Head results mean jack shit here buddy, learn the rules" since when do you suddenly care about rules? They only apply when it is convienient to you? Point here was that: I made an attempt to find any other example where a team who won everything lost a title to the one who did not win all games. In conventional sports I was not able to find any such example. So for me it just looks strange.

6. "And here youre just talking out of your ass" why? He actually admitted what I wrote. Judge should be unbiased. Unbiased = follow the rules regardless of the subject. Your goal is that justice is served. Not to get the harshest possible punishment which was the case here= biased judgement

7. I dared to present different point of view. What is your response to my careful and rationalised opinion? Ban request and insults and accusations. Not one attempt to discuss with the merit of what I wrote. Just few pathetic attempts to quote something out of context.

8 ."all he does it make the Polish team look bad" how??? I am not part of that team nor do I have any connection to it any way. Also I am not defending the team/guy in any way. I see the flaws in conduct but simply believe it can be explained. When we look at others we see personality traits that explain their behaviour, but when we look at ourselves we see circumstances that explain our behaviour. People's stories make internal sense to them, from the inside, but we don't see people's histories trailing behind them in the air. We only see them in one situation, and we don't see what they would be like in a different situation. So the fundamental attribution error is that we explain by permanent, enduring traits what would be better explained by circumstance and context.

9 "How would I go about checking the facts?" Well for starters, you wait a bit and not jump into conclusion based on what is written on forum but you actually ask parties involved and make up your mind then. Like for example everyone here was like "there is no remorse, no apology. That is why there has to be a ban" and then it turns out the ref was appologised only in private. So now it's " but it's public matter now so appology has to be public". And so on. Once he appologieses in public it will be "too weak. No real remorse" and so on. Not sure if there is anything that would satisfy you at this point.

Lastly, I wish you all a biased ref next time you participate. Not extreme version. Just the one who would be very strict and watch carefully all your moves waiting for the slightest of mistakes possibly bacause a year before he just lost 1st place to you slightly and it hurt so much. (Again refs own words that can be treated as weak evidence of biased over unbiased).

Spectator  
Spectator
Date registered 08.09.2018

#25 by El Rey , Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:56 am

Zitat
9 "How would I go about checking the facts?" Well for starters, you wait a bit and not jump into conclusion based on what is written on forum but you actually ask parties involved and make up your mind then. Like for example everyone here was like "there is no remorse, no apology. That is why there has to be a ban" and then it turns out the ref was appologised only in private.

See here you again do not have you facts right. Konrad only apologized a few days ago, when it was clear there would be a captains vote and after people came with those comments. So there was in fact "no remorse, no apology" when people where writing it last week, the apology, only came after all this. A clear sign you do not know what is going on, but try to make it out as what you say is facts, when it is the opposite.

T9A Denmark

ETC 2006 #2 (LM), ETC 2007 #4 (Brets), ETC 2008 #12 (LM), ETC 2009 #3 (DoC), ETC 2010 #1 (VC), ETC 2011 #2 (WoC & AR member), ETC 2012 #4 (Ogre & AR member), ETC 2013 #3 (Ogre, AR member & FAQ member), ETC 2014 #5 (Skaven & AR member), ETC 2015 #7 (DoC), ETC 2016 #4 (Coach), ETC 2017 #4 (Coach), ETC 2018 #5 (Media).

El Rey

#26 by Chris Legg , Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:40 am

Quote: Spectator wrote in post #24

5. "What on earth does this have to do with anything?? Head to Head results mean jack shit here buddy, learn the rules" since when do you suddenly care about rules? They only apply when it is convienient to you? Point here was that: I made an attempt to find any other example where a team who won everything lost a title to the one who did not win all games. In conventional sports I was not able to find any such example. So for me it just looks strange.

You are kidding, right? Happens in F1, where the driver with the most wins does not always win the title. Football as well, in any system where a play off determines the winner. US sports, where there is a Stanley Cup/Superbowl etc at the end of it.

ETC England WFB / Ninth Age 2009 - 2019
ETC Chairman 2018-2019

Chris Legg  
Chris Legg
Date registered 05.22.2018

#27 by Mike Newman , Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:52 pm

Even happens in a fair few ninth tournaments. Due to 20-0 system

Mike Newman  
Mike Newman