Chairmen Statement on the ETC 2018 - Ban Proposal for Konrad

#1 by Frederick , Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:23 pm

To the ETC T9A Captains and Players,

As you might now, the chairmen decided upheld the result of the ETC t9a event. We stand by that decision, and will not change it.

But the conduct during the event must be addressed too. We understand emotions rise during the event but that is no excuse, players are expected to a certain conduct.

And so player Konrad from team Poland T9A is subject to an official warning from the chairmen. Any future infrictions he is involved in can be penalised during the next years event, up to him being removed from the tournament with no replacement allowed and past results overturned with additional penalty at the chairmens discretion.

Frederick  
Frederick
Date registered 05.14.2018

RE: Chairmen Statement on the ETC 2018 - Ban Proposal for Konrad

#2 by 9thMD , Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:33 pm

Iím disappointed the chairmen have not had the fortitude to settle this matter appropriately themselves. Certainly if here is one thing we can agree on it is that aggression towards referees and spectators should have a zero tolerance policy. This is a weak kneed decision and completely unacceptable, especially as no remorse ha been shown by team Poland or the player in question. I had hoped the chairmen could live up to their positions and resolve this matter appropriately. However, I feel this decision leaves no choice but to be referred to the captains for a vote on their views.

2017 Team USA
2018 Team USA
2019 Team USA (c)

9thMD  
9thMD
Date registered 08.08.2018

Last edited 08.10.2018 | Top

#3 by Tom Mawdsley , Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:36 pm

Quote: Frederick wrote in post #1
To the ETC T9A Captains and Players,

As you might now, the chairmen decided upheld the result of the ETC t9a event. We stand by that decision, and will not change it.

But the conduct during the event must be addressed too. We understand emotions rise during the event but that is no excuse, players are expected to a certain conduct.

And so player Konrad from team Poland T9A is subject to an official warning from the chairmen. Any future infrictions he is involved in can be penalised during the next years event, up to him being removed from the tournament with no replacement allowed and past results overturned with additional penalty at the chairmens discretion.

Fred

This is the most contradictory statement i've ever read.

But the conduct during the event must be addressed too. We understand emotions rise during the event but that is no excuse, players are expected to a certain conduct. - Konrad did not adhere to this "certain conduct"

Any future infrictions he is involved in can be penalised during the next years event, up to him being removed from the tournament with no replacement allowed and past results overturned with additional penalty at the chairmens discretion - How are we, the players ever to trust or believe that the chairmen will punish Konrad the second time? You already stated he didn't adhere to the conduct expected and no further action is being taken.

I think we ought to understand which Chairmen voted for or against the proposal, just as we would in any other democracy, so that we may make informed decisions about who should or should not be a Chair in the future.

Tom

Tom Mawdsley  
Tom Mawdsley
Date registered 08.07.2018

#4 by lagerlof , Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:37 pm

I too hope that a captains vote will settle this when the chairmen (some of them atleast) are obviously not up to the task and not fit to continue their roles.

Why is there no information regarding votes, how many for and against? Like you did in the post about who won the tournament.

lagerlof  
lagerlof

#5 by El Rey , Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:43 pm

Zitat

This will only happens if we get new chairmen that are not afraid of doing what is right, like they are now. This is a farce, time for the captains to step up and set the record straight.

T9A Denmark

ETC 2006 #2 (LM), ETC 2007 #4 (Brets), ETC 2008 #12 (LM), ETC 2009 #3 (DoC), ETC 2010 #1 (VC), ETC 2011 #2 (WoC & AR member), ETC 2012 #4 (Ogre & AR member), ETC 2013 #3 (Ogre, AR member & FAQ member), ETC 2014 #5 (Skaven & AR member), ETC 2015 #7 (DoC), ETC 2016 #4 (Coach), ETC 2017 #4 (Coach), ETC 2018 #5 (Media).

El Rey
Date registered 05.15.2018

#6 by Humblr , Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:00 pm

Even if strongly disappointed by the outcome/ chairmen decision and statement on this issue, I'll (not speaking for the French team as we have a captain to do so) personally NOT stand against the decision of Chairmen as it should be final and undisputed, as for the ref's ones.

I'm just stating the obvious, my future vote won't go for weak chairmen anymore.
H.

French ETC player 2012/ 2016/ 2018

Humblr
Date registered 08.09.2018

#7 by pizzaguardian , Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:18 pm

As combined chair council,

The decision was taken not with haste nor without thought. Whoever thinks is oblivious to the discussions.

The chair took a very hard decision, after talkig to all relevant parties. The referees and the chair have decided this.

The decision is done.

2019 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - ETC Chairmen
2018 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - ETC Chairmen - WTC Head Judge - BTC Janissaries
2017 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - ETC Chairmen - ESC Referee - WTC Head Judge
2016 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - WTC Head Judge
2015 WTC Merc

pizzaguardian

#8 by AntonNikolov , Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:27 pm

If this statement was juuust a little bit different:
"And so player Konrad from team Poland T9A is subject to an official warning from the chairmen. Any future infrictions he is involved in can be penalised during the next years event, up to him being removed from the tournament with no replacement allowed and past results overturned with additional penalty at the chairmens discretion."

By changing this "chairmens discretion." into this "refs discretion.", I will really like the solution as it would be a fair(ish) compromise between banning a player (circumstances do exist in the real world) and not doing anything. It would mean that one of the affected parties - the judges - will hold the power.

Right now this looks like - if something similar happens we will have this whole discussion again. Am I correct in this assumption? Or some kind of additional guidelines for penalties will be provided as well?

AntonNikolov  
AntonNikolov
Date registered 05.25.2018

#9 by Kiri , Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:33 pm

Zitat
Iím disappointed the chairmen have not had the fortitude to settle this matter appropriately themselves. Certainly if here is one thing we can agree on it is that aggression towards referees and spectators should have a zero tolerance policy. This is a weak kneed decision and completely unacceptable, especially as no remorse ha been shown by team Poland or the player in question. I had hoped the chairmen could live up to their positions and resolve this matter appropriately. However, I feel this decision leaves no choice but to be referred to the captains for a vote on their views.

Same thing here... Really disappointed by this lack of courage to take the right decision. This kind of behaviour can't be tolerate and still there is no real conséquences...

Luxembourg T9A Captain 2016, 2017 & 2018

Kiri
Date registered 05.15.2018

#10 by pizzaguardian , Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:35 pm

The chairmen stand by their referees decision.

2019 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - ETC Chairmen
2018 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - ETC Chairmen - WTC Head Judge - BTC Janissaries
2017 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - ETC Chairmen - ESC Referee - WTC Head Judge
2016 ETC Turkey 40K Captain - WTC Head Judge
2015 WTC Merc

pizzaguardian

#11 by 9thMD , Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:00 pm

To my understanding the statement only says this is a chairmen decision and not a referees. Please do not confuse the issue.

2017 Team USA
2018 Team USA
2019 Team USA (c)

9thMD  
9thMD

#12 by lagerlof , Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:10 pm

"And so player Konrad from team Poland T9A is subject to an official warning from the chairmen"

There is nothing indicating the refs had a part in this.

lagerlof  
lagerlof

#13 by Manfro , Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:21 pm

Well aware of the difficulty in making such a decision, the Italy team agrees on the decision taken.

Hoping not to repeat such things in the future, it will be necessary to act with more decision in case they happen again, without the "fear" of banning a player from the ETC.

Andrea "Manfro" Manfroni
Team Italy Captain

Andrea "Manfro" Manfroni, Italian ETC player:

2006 Daemonic Legions
2007 Daemonic Legions
2008 Daemonic Legions
2009 Vampire Counts
2010 Chaos Warriors
2011 Dwarves
2012 Dark Elves
2013 High Elves
2014 Chaos Warriors
2015 Vampire Counts
2016 Vampire Counts
2017 Ogre Khans
2018 Undying Dynasties

Manfro
Date registered 05.31.2018

#14 by Scottish Knight , Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:22 pm

Also the referee statement was based on their powers to influence the tournament they were a part of. They didn't believe they had any powers to ban Konrad from a future event, so far as I can see, therefore it wasn't an option they discounted.

As an aside, it seems to me all red cards should come with an automatic ban for the following event, in the same way as football.

Captain - Team Scotland T9A 2019

Scottish Knight  
Scottish Knight

#15 by Tomlin , Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:24 pm

My personal opinion is that chairmen by this decision just endangered referee positions. Who would apply to this position with just clearly justified possibility of aggressive behavior to them or their family members? Anyone can now behave so aggressively against them and what he gets for it? Just warning.
Chairmen are now ruining fair spirit of ETC by this call.
I hope that such topic (courage to keep ETC fair and pleasant for everyone) will be addressed at chairmen applications for next year.

Czech ETC T9A Coach - 2017, 2018

Tomlin  
Tomlin
Date registered 05.22.2018

Refs statement
Captainís Vote - Poland behaviour

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor