RE: Chairmen Statement on the ETC 2018 - Ban Proposal for Konrad

#16 by Blonde Beer , Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:41 pm

What are the Chairmen going to do if next year we have zero or just 1 or 2 judges signing up as a result of this? Pay people to judge at the event?

T9A NL

Blonde Beer  
Blonde Beer
Date registered 05.18.2018

#17 by Marcus Östling , Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:01 pm

We need a Captains vote on this subject. 10 countries needed. The chairmen who's voted against the ban should make themselves known. That they've shown themselves too weak and flat out incompetent for the assignment is crystal clear.

Marcus Östling  
Marcus Östling
Date registered 08.08.2018

#18 by Orion , Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:30 pm

What an absolute GUTLESS decision. Somebody please start a captain´s vote already. This is unacceptable.

What I read from this is that if I lose my shit next year and abuse someone during a game I will not be banned for the year after. In fact, if Im cold and calculated enough to do it after the event it will not even affect my team. Great.

Question; Furion is a chairman. Did he get to vote on this?? Because that would even be more of a farce than it is right now.

Orion  
Orion
Date registered 06.06.2018

#19 by Ducdeguerre , Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:36 pm

Gentlemen,

would you all try to take a breath and calm down a bit?

All this Diskussion started when Konrad addressed a judge by calling him incompetent. While his behaviour is beyond discussion, would you mind reading the latest comments on this thread? The Chairmen are called cowards, weak, incompetent by those who disagree with their decission.

What is a weak Chairmen? The one who decides what those yelling at them are demanding or those who stand to their opinion in full knowledge that they will not please everybody?
The call for a public vote reminds me of these mobs calling to burn the witches or hang the prisoner.

We have elected those Chairmen. As with the judges we should aknowledge their decision, assume that they have thought seriously about it before taking that decision, and accept it even if we might disagree.
If you disagree, do not elect them again and find other that suit your ideas better. Or even better: stand up yourselves and candidate.

And I do not think that the position of the Referees have been weekend by this decision, by the way.
It has been made very clear by everybody that the community as such is not willing to bear such behaviour. This is much more strenghtening the position of any judge than any punishment, be it harsh or measured.

With kind regards to everybody around,
Peter

ETC 2016 Team Germany T9A - Vermin Swarm
ETC 2017 Team Germany T9A - Vermin Swarm
ETC 2018 Team Germany T9A - Co-Captain

Ducdeguerre  
Ducdeguerre
Date registered 05.15.2018

Last edited 08.10.2018 | Top

#20 by El Rey , Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:39 pm

Peter why don't you become a judge next year then. :)

T9A Denmark

ETC 2006 #2 (LM), ETC 2007 #4 (Brets), ETC 2008 #12 (LM), ETC 2009 #3 (DoC), ETC 2010 #1 (VC), ETC 2011 #2 (WoC & AR member), ETC 2012 #4 (Ogre & AR member), ETC 2013 #3 (Ogre, AR member & FAQ member), ETC 2014 #5 (Skaven & AR member), ETC 2015 #7 (DoC), ETC 2016 #4 (Coach), ETC 2017 #4 (Coach), ETC 2018 #5 (Media).

El Rey

#21 by Ducdeguerre , Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:44 pm

If knowing the rules is no condition to that I would be honoured.

in fact, you should know me at least that bit. I have no problems with players yelling at me, my team has done that multiple times this year.

ETC 2016 Team Germany T9A - Vermin Swarm
ETC 2017 Team Germany T9A - Vermin Swarm
ETC 2018 Team Germany T9A - Co-Captain

Ducdeguerre  
Ducdeguerre

#22 by lagerlof , Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:48 pm

Peter, please read everything before trying to have an opinion.

He did not call the judge incompetant, he said he was the worst judge he ever saw and approched him really close in an aggresive manner, bumping him chest to chest and towering over him. He also did the same to his WIFE. Telling her that her husband is a horrible person. If you think that is the same as just telling someone they are incompetant.. well.

lagerlof  
lagerlof

#23 by Midgaardsormen , Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:51 pm

Weak decision, by not taking a hard line against aggressive and bullying behaviour, you encourage it, especially considering the polish teams complete lack of remorse. So when he acts aggressively again after 2019 ETC, and his team loses, because he would Def. Be aggressive if his team wins.....

Midgaardsormen  
Midgaardsormen
Date registered 08.10.2018

#24 by Jonny , Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:51 pm

If you want a captains' vote then you need to follow the procedure. Just round up 10 like minded captains and the wording for your vote, and ask a chairman to launch it. I'll do it if you like, though you better get a move on, because if the no-confidence vote passes, then there won't be any chairmen to do it .

2009 Northern Ireland WFB Captain
2010 - 2012 Northern Ireland 40K Captain
2013 Northern Ireland FoW ETC Chairman
2014 - 2015 Northern Ireland FoW Captain
2016 Canada FoW (Merc)
2017 Northern Ireland FoW Captain
2018 Scotland FoW (Merc) ETC Chairman

Jonny  
Jonny
Date registered 05.14.2018

#25 by Shino , Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:03 pm

Shino  
Shino
Date registered 05.29.2018

#26 by Mr.Gobbo , Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:30 pm

I must admit that I am surprised (as a spectator) that the ETC lets referees be verbally and physically assaulted, and the perpetrators are let go with a slap on the wrist. Meanwhile the perpetrators haven't made any sort of apology. I'm not going to try and analyse the psychology behind this sort of behaviour, because I am afraid of what I will find.

And now I am not even considering the verbal confrontation with a referee's wife.. (but wait, it seems like I am).

This has nothing to do with nationality. It is about human decency and self restraint.

#InB4Learn2PlayN00b

Edit: I am not speaking for T9A, the above is my own personal opinion.

T9A Executive Board, HR advisor

Mr.Gobbo

#27 by Winter , Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:30 pm

Everyone and their dog showing their true colours once Chairmans actually did not vote the way they wanted them to.

And to think that so many of the same people voiced their discontent with the fact that someone had an audacity to undermine judges decision.
In the words of Darth Sidious: Ironic.

Edit: But let's assume that vote of no confidence passes. What happens next? You chose another board and tell them to vote onan already decided matter once again? Because you didn't like the outcome, even though you didn't voiced your concerns over the authority of a jury beforehand? That doesn't sound very democratic at all. And in fact it really isn't. One of the most fundamental principles of modern europan law systems is roman principle Ne bis in idem - you don't rule two times on the same subject. But parties that initialized the vote do not care. They don't look for justice, they look for revenge. Like someone smart has said before - it's a witch hunt at this point. Mob has decided, if the first Inquisitor does not agree, than they will find the one that will.

Winter  
Winter
Date registered 08.09.2018

#28 by 9thMD , Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:22 pm

As Johnny said etc is run by and for the players. If the players are upset with an organizational decision they should have an outer to vote (ie captain vote) the organization has made their decision and if a majority of captains disageee then that decision should be overeturned. And as neither he team nor the player has shown contrition for actions then I feel it is not an inappropriate to pursue this recourse. If one of my players had done this (it would not be an issue because the player would not be welcome on the team next year,) but the captains or org would be free to ask him not to come back

2017 Team USA
2018 Team USA
2019 Team USA (c)

9thMD  
9thMD

#29 by Mike Newman , Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:47 pm

@winter

To be clear. As things stand we donít know who has asked for the vote of no confidence.

Certainly it is not any of the captains I have spoken too - who are the instigators behind the vote to ban Konrad.

Which you seem to imply you think it may be?

It may as equally be those unhappy with the chairmanís decision to stand by the refs decision of Spain as winners

We just donít know, and are merely speculating.

England t9A 2015, 2016, captain 2017, co-captain 2018, captain 2019

Mike Newman  
Mike Newman

#30 by Laik , Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:28 pm

Judge make subjective decision - respect their decision
Chairman does the same - weak, cowards
That's hypocrisy

Lagerlof is my favorite

Quote: lagerlof wrote in post #22
Peter, please read everything before trying to have an opinion..

He knows better when a 3rd person can try to have his own opinion...

Laik  
Laik

Refs statement
Captainís Vote - Poland behaviour

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor