RE: Chairmen Statement on the ETC 2018 - including winner

#31 by Mike Newman , Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:41 pm

Thatís a very interesting way of wording things

So we are all the evil wolfs and should listen to what poor innocent polish sheep has to say?

If 7 people say the sky is blue and one says it is yellow. Does that mean that one person opinion has validity

I get what you are getting at but it is a very leading statement you make.

And I donít know what power you think I have? I have none. Power is held by chairmen and refs. Both who have made their decisions clear.

I stand by my statement that the matter is clearly closed. I feel for the polish, because I get on well and like very many of them, and I can see both sides of the arguement. However the right conclusion has been reached in my (and many others) opinion.

So maybe it is time to draw line under things. And deal with other issues.

England t9A 2015, 2016, captain 2017, co-captain 2018, captain 2019

Mike Newman  
Mike Newman
Date registered 05.15.2018

Last edited 08.09.2018 | Top

#32 by Winter , Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:56 pm

Very interesting way of wording things is to take my example referring to why we should judge an argument one's make on the merit of it and not whether or not someone else agrees with him and spin it off implying that I even tried to make an argument for Poland being innocent poor sheep here. If I go now and say that you obviously think that Polish side argument is equal to a crazyman saying that sky is yellow that would be very manipulative of me, wouldn't it.

You are a tenured captain of your country, just because you're not holding any nominal power in the ranks of ETC doesn't change the fact that you responsible for your team statement and your vote counted towards the discussion at hand. You are person of power like every other team captain is. Your words, in contrary to mine's, matter, a lot. You are a spokesman of your community and you should take extra care of how you word things. Just like every other side, especially Polish should as well.

Winter  
Winter
Date registered 08.09.2018

#33 by Mike Newman , Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:05 pm

Good. Iím glad you agree that statements can purposefully be misleading 😉

And I am sure england will issue an official statement in some time if it is really required. But you seem to be under the impression there will be a vote?

No such thing has been mentioned. It seems very clear to me, as I keep stating, that this matter is closed. And we should all move on.

England t9A 2015, 2016, captain 2017, co-captain 2018, captain 2019

Mike Newman  
Mike Newman
Date registered 05.15.2018

#34 by Laik , Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:12 pm

Rules for team events were unclear (2xVictory Points were tie breaker), for single events they're clear - battle poimts and then VP points, question why they didn't used what's on rulespack instead made a subjective decision with no rules to back it.

Laik  
Laik
Date registered 08.08.2018

#35 by le_blub , Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:07 pm

Please keep in mind that many teams didn't even bother to put the VP into tourneykeeper, this is btw for both Poland as for Spain true. Hence, even making a decison based on this would be very flawed.

-le_blub

le_blub  
le_blub
Date registered 06.14.2018

#36 by lagerlof , Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:23 pm

To be honest I think your question has been answered multiple times now, Laik.

Rules pack were unclear.

How did they solve it? By using the same rules as the last 10 years with uncapped BP as first tie-breaker :)

lagerlof  
lagerlof
Date registered 08.08.2018

#37 by Wienczyslaw , Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:31 pm

Quote: Laik wrote in post #34
Rules for team events were unclear (2xVictory Points were tie breaker), for single events they're clear - battle poimts and then VP points, question why they didn't used what's on rulespack instead made a subjective decision with no rules to back it.

Repeat it until the satiety will not make it true ;)

Wienczyslaw  
Wienczyslaw
Date registered 08.09.2018

#38 by Orion , Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:40 pm

Quote: lagerlof wrote in post #36
To be honest I think your question has been answered multiple times now, Laik.

Rules pack were unclear.

How did they solve it? By using the same rules as the last 10 years with uncapped BP as first tie-breaker :)

This.

Is it really that hard to understand it?

If you need to truly blame someone for losing out on 1st place by 1 point then look no further than the polish player that received a second yellow card for the team during the round with Germany. That card was the second that a Polish player received during the event, meaning that team Poland would be penalized 1 more battle point than Spain. That player should have known that the team already had a yellow card and that one more would result in a penalty.

I dont know who that was, but Im guessing team Poland does. Well, he´s the reason why Poland didnt win it this year. Had he behaved and not yelled at a referee in his face then you guys would have won. There are punishing downsides for being a social animal. I guess causing your team to lose the ETC is now one more.

Orion  
Orion
Date registered 06.06.2018

#39 by pk-ng , Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:16 am

Quote: Laik wrote in post #25
I've read rulespack - and I see no Information that penalties count to capped points.

I think we were at the tournament were points matter, and capped points were introduced to make it more fair.

Lagerlof I don't know why you even mention connection of uncapped points with penalties - no one does so where does it came from.

Can anyone who says I'm wrong would quote rules here and that would close the topic.

If the rules are unclear the Judges have the authority to make decisions on the spot as it is within their power to do so.
Also when you look at unclear understanding of rules you never ever look at a different system (ESC) but you look at pass precedence (previous years ETC) as points of reference.

Quote: Mike Newman wrote in post #27
In my mind as much as the debate rages on the issue is closed
It’s of worth noting that Poland are the only nation I have seen to disagree with the result. And most of us here are trying to explain to Poland why we think it is like it should be. Because we know you are hurting and we actually count you as friends.

To be honest I believe they are the only nation which matters in this issue of calculation are affected? And if I were in their position would probably want some clarification or as worried.

Fantasy - Team Singapore
2015 - High Elves
2014 - Chaos Dwarvf

pk-ng  
pk-ng
Date registered 05.16.2018

ETC 2018 conclusions
Team Poland Statement re: ETC 2018

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor