We have in the rules group been listening to the valid points presented in This thread.
We have debated Them and ended ip with the following.
Our premisses are
1) we want the games, and army lists to be as close to any other V.4 MW game we play
2) we want diversity in the teams build Of lists
3) we have to incorporate the game into a team setting which Will make it differ in some areas, compared to an ordinary 1 vs 1 game
We have found this to be the Best answer
1) Command cards.. there should be repeats Of Command cards, if the cards allow it.
A player Can take the same card several times if allowed by the cards.
But only 1 player Can use the card.. ie player 1 used ďregulars by godĒ on several units, but player 2 cannot use This card.
2) as above mentioned we limit the number Of players who Can take the same card to 1, thereby we Will make people diversify their lists. Also as mentioned before we Will limit Command card formations and book formations to 1 of each type, to avoid too Many lists being basically the same copy-paste list on the team. So similar formations will be limited to 1 pr team (Such as panzer III company) basically it it the formations with the same name regardeless of what books they come from, that cannot be repeated in the team.
3) because we play in teams the matchmaking Will differ from what we are used to in 1vs1 games. We want something that is close to the matchmaking that has worked Well for Etc before.
Using hidden battleplans (attack/maneuvre/defend) Will be as close as possible to how they are picked in an V.4 usual game.
We Will use the same pre-defined mission on all tables for different rounds. as This is the most fair Way Of doing it, it Will be easiest for the referees, and we Will avoid potentially having rearguard missions in every turn (as they Will often not reach 9 turns, meaning the defender cannot win)