RE: Midwar 2019 rulespack

#76 by Arkon , Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:34 am

Maybe I am runing the risk of repeating myself, but how the the team composition is has nothing to do with the rules of V4 and I dont need to playtest till January to decide if I go for two lists per nation or not.

And by the way, just because there is a committee that doesn't mean noone else has a say in all this.

ETC 2012 Team Greece Player/Spokesperson
ETC 2013 Team Greece Player
ETC 2014 Team Greece Player
ETC 2015 Team Greece Player
ETC 2017 Team Greece Player
ETC 2018 Team Greece Captain
ETC 2019 Team Germany Captain

Arkon  
Arkon
Date registered 05.27.2018

#77 by Dirkhrod , Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:12 pm

Hi guys,

I am with Arkon on this one - how the lists work and what limitation we impose on cards is less important now than knowing whether we are allowed to play 2 lists of Nation X or not. This is because players need time to plan for purchases and painting. And in smaller communities with less flexible options, this is an issue.

To be honest, I agree this is a decision which should be taken after we see the smaller Axis nations - Finns, Romanians and Hungarians. They would make a significant difference regarding the number of available options. But I understand they are due out before Kursk, even if digital only. So my suggestion would be to take this decision in Late November or Early December, I think we can live with that. But definitely NOT in February. If I misunderstood the planned schedule, please let me know.

Personally, I do not have a favourite option at the moment, but what I definitely want to make sure is that we know what we have to do regarding team composition, before Christmas.

Cheers,
Dan

ETC 2014 - FoW Romania Captain - British Airlanding Company (LW)
ETC 2015 - FoW Romania Captain - British Armoured Car Squadron (EW)
ETC 2016 - FoW Romania Captain - Soviet Kazachiy Polk (MW)
ETC 2017 - FoW Romania Captain - British Airlanding Company (LW)
ETC 2018 - FoW Romania Captain - Finnish Panssarikomppania (EW)

Dirkhrod
Date registered 05.15.2018

#78 by Mongol , Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:41 am

Quote: Arkon wrote in post #76
Maybe I am runing the risk of repeating myself, but how the the team composition is has nothing to do with the rules of V4 and I dont need to playtest till January to decide if I go for two lists per nation or not.

And by the way, just because there is a committee that doesn't mean noone else has a say in all this.

Totally back this.
we need to know points an list composition the sooner the better.

2019 ETC Russia FoW Captain
2018 ETC Russia FoW Captain
2017 ETC Russia FoW
2015 WHFB Merc

Mongol
Date registered 05.27.2018

#79 by Lynx , Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:45 am

This sounds like a decent plan.

So I'll take that with me and speak with the commitee to lay down the team basics until early december.

If that is ok for all.

Cheers

Team France FoW Captain
2017 - Salamanca
2018 - Zagreb

Lynx  
Lynx

#80 by 96mgb , Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:33 pm

You wonít see minor nations before Kursk btw.

Team Wales 2014
Team Wales 2015
Team wales 2016
Team Wales 2017
Captain Team Wales

96mgb  
96mgb

#81 by Dirkhrod , Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:56 pm

Quote: 96mgb wrote in post #80
You wonít see minor nations before Kursk btw.

That is disappointing. Any idea when they are due, then ?

ETC 2014 - FoW Romania Captain - British Airlanding Company (LW)
ETC 2015 - FoW Romania Captain - British Armoured Car Squadron (EW)
ETC 2016 - FoW Romania Captain - Soviet Kazachiy Polk (MW)
ETC 2017 - FoW Romania Captain - British Airlanding Company (LW)
ETC 2018 - FoW Romania Captain - Finnish Panssarikomppania (EW)

Dirkhrod

#82 by 96mgb , Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:47 pm

All I can say is that donít expected them soon. My guess maybe Q1 2019. Iíd suggest all teams assume that they wonít be released for ETC and are purely a bonus if they are.

Team Wales 2014
Team Wales 2015
Team wales 2016
Team Wales 2017
Captain Team Wales

96mgb  
96mgb

#83 by 96mgb , Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:51 am

The rules committee has discussed and agreed an INITIAL base line for players to start forming their team and to test further. We stress this isnít final but represents and agreement between us all and works when we have built example teams list. We thought people would like to know sooner so at least they can get a feeling of where itís going.

- 100pt games
- no more than 2 players per nation. Please note that using a allied formation counts as 1 use however a player using 2 formations from the same nation counts as 1 use. Allied support units do not count towards his limit.
- No more than one use of a formation per team. Eg you canít take 2 x afrika rifle formations. Please note that formations with the same name from different books canít be used eg you canít take a Panzer 3 formation from afrika korp and iron cross. However you can take a strelk and hero strelk as they have different names.
- all command cards can be used however no command card may be taken more than once per team. The only exception is cards needed to form core units of a card based formation. Eg a Cossack formation may take more than 1 Cossack card to allow the formation to be created. However you canít take more than 1 captured 6pdr pltn.
- the match up is likely to remain similar to last year but stances assigned before before match up but hidden until all match ups are complete.
- web units allowed. BF have stayed these will be added to forces.

The intent is to encourage a wider range of forces do to the more limited selections hence the no repeating formations etc these also some what limits the worst of the spam. We realise some lists will be a bit more hit by this likitatikn such as no double Italian armoured formation but the odd impact benifits the over all system.

Please can teams test these, and then come back with any fundermental issues that need to be looked at.

These points are subject to change but represent a starting step for team organization. Testing will continue until the end of Dec to allow a full rulepack to be created in Jan 19.

Team Wales 2014
Team Wales 2015
Team wales 2016
Team Wales 2017
Captain Team Wales

96mgb  
96mgb

Last edited 10.06.2018 | Top

#84 by Floody , Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:45 am

I really like that. It's open enough to allow lots of types of lists but pushes to include a wide variation. Really simple and straight forward. Good job!

Floody  
Floody
Date registered 09.10.2018

#85 by Azrael , Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:53 pm

So if you take a stuar formation of say 1HQ and 3 units of stuarts. You can only upgrade 1 unit?

Team Belgium FOW Captain 2019

Azrael  
Azrael
Date registered 08.15.2018

#86 by 96mgb , Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:22 pm

Yes.

As I say there are the odd occasion with list that it would limit (eg scout)but it stops spam and we donít want a long list of x number of this card or y number of this card being allowed. Idea is to make it simple and encourage variety.

Team Wales 2014
Team Wales 2015
Team wales 2016
Team Wales 2017
Captain Team Wales

96mgb  
96mgb

#87 by gerion , Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:44 pm

Quote: 96mgb wrote in post #86
Yes.

As I say there are the odd occasion with list that it would limit (eg scout)but it stops spam and we don’t want a long list of x number of this card or y number of this card being allowed. Idea is to make it simple and encourage variety.

I don't know if I can enter this thread, if not, please delete my reply.

I do understand people wanting to limit spam lists, but aren't there other ways than limits typical unit upgrade card to one per team? As was said by Azrael ,a formation of stuarts as no use if all platoons can not be upgraded. as same formation can be limited in a force, there will be no possibility for spamming stuarts (or similar tanks from other nations). I suppose all know that a stuart formation would contain a max of 17 stuart with no viability without the upgrade.

Limitations are understandable, I do get that, but I think this is really strickt and harsh..

Team Belgium 2019 (possible player)

gerion  
gerion
Date registered 10.09.2018

#88 by Bosje , Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:03 pm

Quote: Azrael wrote in post #85
So if you take a stuar formation of say 1HQ and 3 units of stuarts. You can only upgrade 1 unit?

I'll do you one better. You CAN'T take it, as the card says it must be used on ALL eligible units, and with the way this rule is written you can not legally add that card to your force

Team Netherlands FoW 2017
Team Greece FoW 2018
Team Netherlands FoW Captain 2019

Bosje  
Bosje
Date registered 08.07.2018

#89 by 96mgb , Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:59 pm

It could be added to the rulepack to allow the card use as you are correct itís for all and you can only use the card once in the rule pack.

No-one is stopping you taking a formation of crusaders though itís a lot cheaper without scout which buys a lot more toys.

Team Wales 2014
Team Wales 2015
Team wales 2016
Team Wales 2017
Captain Team Wales

96mgb  
96mgb

#90 by gerion , Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:13 pm

Quote: Bosje wrote in post #88
Quote: Azrael wrote in post #85

I'll do you one better. You CAN'T take it, as the card says it must be used on ALL eligible units, and with the way this rule is written you can not legally add that card to your force

Quote: 96mgb wrote in post #89
It could be added to the rulepack to allow the card use as you are correct it’s for all and you can only use the card once in the rule pack.

No-one is stopping you taking a formation of crusaders though it’s a lot cheaper without scout which buys a lot more toys.

I just want to clarify. Iím refering to cards like "courageous and faithfull" or "it shall be done" for the US. These cards effectively upgeade a specific unit.. slightly betterískill, motivation and to hit rating... They effectively bolster a unit. For Stuats, this means being hit at +3 instead of +2 and this makes a stuart formation viable and useful. Limiting such cards to one per team makes a stuart company non playable tournament wise...

Therefor I plead to revise the strickt limitation of command cards. It miht be more interesting to limit the number of cards in a force..

Team Belgium 2019 (possible player)

gerion  
gerion
Date registered 10.09.2018

Mercenary looking for team

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor