My thinking is that 2020 would be perfect for TY (with the new version coming out, correct?).
My thinking is that TY is a different game and should stay such. If there is a strong community and enough support, it should start as a separate game. But it has been debated before, and never introduced to ETC thus far . . .
Agreed on all the following:
1. ETC 2019 to be MW (Ireland would also be a country that would not be able to attend if it was EW again)
2. TY to be a separate game if it wants inclusion in the ETC
3. The rulespack committee, as per Graham's last post, to be formed of all those people listed. Topics to be discussed in the committee include terrain for next year (as per Marko's request), points limit for ETC 2019, use of cards, etc.
FoW Team Ireland - Captain
what Ulick said
with the addition that in order to ensure the widest range of views are put forward by the rulespack team I'll chuck my name in the ring
Team Scotland 2015 - Prague
Team Scotland 2016 - Athens
Team Scotland 2017 - Salamanca
Team Scotland 2018 - Zagreb - Captain
As a true believer of EW, I will keep on believing it’s the best choice for ETC.
But, as it has been stated by many, the choice had been casted for MW 2019.
Respect the vote, this is democracy.
We do have a couple of months to see what’s working or not, are there trouble in balance, and if we can live with it, fix it or not.
There is still the possibility for 5 captains to cast a vote if need be, which is pointless now not everyone has had the possibility to try and make a religion out of it.
So let’s assume ETC 2019 will be MW, until further notice.
Just a couple of things guys :
- wait until Kursk is released to finalize the rulespack
- 100 pts is, to me, at least what needs to be plaid. I have no issue with it as it is ok to make choices. Lower is not good IMHO
- should you want to calm some combo down, please think about no more than 2 Formations per player, and no more than 2 players playing the same Nation in the team
- cards are fully part of MW - they do can change some troops are plaid. So if you want to limit them, please think wisely.
Also, the terrain issue shall be sorted at the earliest.
It was embarrassing for Seb and I to go buy stuff and re-set 60 tables evening before ETC.
Now, don’t know yet if Team France can make it MW, but I have to say it was a pleasure as always seeing your ugly faces and compete with you until the end.
Will try our best to be there next year.
Cheers from France
I second what Graham has written. It worked out well for this yeatrs ETC and as all will have their word to say on the draft it will help us to deluver the best experience possible.
So I gladly will be in the commitee with some already known faces 😀 once more to make this event what we all expect : exciting and enjoyable.
Team France FoW Captain
2017 - Salamanca
2018 - Zagreb
Since the Kursk books are coming out in December I don't think 10th December is a good deadline. We'll need some time to process the new books. I would say 15th January for the draft and 15 February for the final version.
Team Slovenia FOW spokesperson
Team Slovenia player since 2015
I agree with Grahams suggestion, Albert I would Also agree that Redwark, should join the grp
I Think it is good with a deadline where kursk Can be
So the members Of the comitee are:
I have started a facebook group, please contact me on facebook (Helge Macintyre) to get the group started
2012 Mercenary for team Sweden FOW
2013 Captain Of the Danish FOW team
2014 Captain Of the Danish FOW team
2015 Captain Of the Danish FOW team
2016 Captain Of the Danish FOW team
2017 Captain Of the Danish FOW team
2018 Captain Of the Danish FOW team
What is the overall aim with regards to the cards etc. Are we just aiming to stop the craziest combos, or to try to balance armies? I'd prefer the former, especially as BF are self policing their own imbalances. eg the Desert Rats Scout card
2009 Northern Ireland WFB Captain
2010 - 2012 Northern Ireland 40K Captain
2013 Northern Ireland FoW ETC Chairman
2014 - 2015 Northern Ireland FoW Captain
2016 Canada FoW (Merc)
2017 Northern Ireland FoW Captain
2018 Scotland FoW (Merc) ETC Chairman