RE: Midwar 2019 rulespack

#166 by 96mgb , Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:30 pm

Akron itís to stop spam.

This is the rule pack being submitted so far there hasnít been any objection to the no multiple formations other than what you have just bought up. It prevent sheer spam of light vehicle formations. Bear in mind a rule pack canít please everyone ;-)

Team Wales 2014
Team Wales 2015
Team wales 2016
Team Wales 2017
Captain Team Wales

96mgb  
96mgb
Date registered 05.15.2018

#167 by Jonny , Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:54 pm

Do you think that the current rulespack prevents light vehicle spamming? I don't think it does, nor do I think that we need to do it.

It seems odd that a German player can include more Italian Carri tanks than an Italian player could. I'd prefer to restrict it so that only one player can use each formation, but a player can use that formation more than once. Though I admit that facing 100 L6/40s would be a pain in the hole . Maybe restrict it so that players can only take a max of 2 formations in total?

2009 Northern Ireland WFB Captain
2010 - 2012 Northern Ireland 40K Captain
2013 Northern Ireland FoW ETC Chairman
2014 - 2015 Northern Ireland FoW Captain
2016 Canada FoW (Merc)
2017 Northern Ireland FoW Captain
2018 Scotland FoW (Merc) ETC Chairman

Jonny  
Jonny
Date registered 05.14.2018

#168 by Mike (Santa) Klaka , Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:55 pm

I only have two big(ish) issues with the rulespack.

1. I am having a lot of difficulty understanding the restrictions on cards. For example there are cards with the same name in several different 'books' of cards. An example would be Dummy Minefields which appears in a lot of 'Books' some the same nation and some different Nations. There seem to be quite a few of these and to add to the confusion there are cards with the same wording/effect but a different name e.g. Hail Mary (US) seems to be the same as Lucky (Brits & BOTH Soviets). How many of these cards can a Team of 6 players use (assuming they are using the right lists to make use of them). Some cards seem to REQUIRE you to pick more than one of the card - if you take a formation and wish to apply the card you MUST apply it to each unit. Other cards do not REQUIRE you to upgrade all of a Formation but clearly it is a bit odd not to, e.g. A Soviet Hero Rifle Battalion can upgrade one unit to a Guards Airborne Battalion, so you would have a Battalion HQ and one unit (Company) of normal army and one unit (Company) from the Guards Airborne - a very odd Battalion! I would prefer to see Formation cards limited to one such formation per team (like the other formations in the various books) and use the limited/not limited instructions as per the cards themselves (as amended by Lessons from the Front where applicable). It would make checking the army Lists a lot easier and we don't seem to have many volunteers for this job based upon last year. If not can we make it a lot clearer as to which cards you can have multiples of and perhaps say cards in different packs count as different cards?

2. The messing around with the sleeves as proposed is terribly impractical. I would prefer each team assign 2 lists with Attack, 2 with Manoeuvre and 2 with Defend WHEN THE LISTS ARE SUBMITTED. This is pretty much what we did under v3 and is so much simpler for everyone to follow. With sleeves it is only a matter of time before we have a messy problem because of a misunderstanding, I also suspect we are putting a lot of faith in the orgas getting the sleeves just right (and provide them in time.) Last year how many teams realised that the sleeves we used were provided by the England Captain as these were available before the orga's ones arrived. The year before that the orga's forgot to provide players army cards. I especially dislike not knowing which stance the opposition army has been given until after the draw is done - what if your oppos list is a bit ambiguous (for example)?

Mike

Team England FOW Coach (non playing)

Mike (Santa) Klaka  
Mike (Santa) Klaka
Date registered 07.16.2018

#169 by 96mgb , Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:05 pm

Santa the cards is quite simple

Only one player on a team may use a each card. That player may use it more than once though.

Eg. Player 1 can take panzerknacker twice but no other player can take it.

Eg. Player 2 takes a Cossack formation card and the. Takes multiple Cossacks platoon cards.

Cards are the same if they are the same name. Dummy minefield in the desert rats book is the same name as the one in the iron cross book. Therefore it can only be used by 1 player.

A card may be a similar effect but be a different name. That means both can be taken once by different players.

Basically same name=same card.

Btw formation cards are limited to one use per team already as your desire.

Team Wales 2014
Team Wales 2015
Team wales 2016
Team Wales 2017
Captain Team Wales

96mgb  
96mgb
Date registered 05.15.2018

Last edited 01.01.2019 | Top

Team Wales withdrawing fron ETC
Period change cycle

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor