A thank You shout out

#1 by ThaMarko , Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:32 am

Guys,

I have mentioned a few people in the "thank You" section of last night's ceremony, and felt rather bad for missing some others who deserve to be mentioned, therefore I will try to do a complete thank you here. If anyone feels neglected, please contact me, and I will try to fix it.

First and foremost, The orga, without whom this great ETC would have not happened. Special mention to a guy i know as "Izzy" who did most of the heavy lifting, and all the rest of the helpful and sometimes pretty staff. Sure, we've had our ups and downs, some things were not as asked for or as per expectations, but all in all, good job guys!

Chairmen. You guys are the workhorse of this organisation. I've been there and I know how much effort you must produce and how thankless it may seem at the moments. We've also had our tight moments, but everything came out great.

The players. Guys, you are awesome! civilised, fair and respectful (for the most part :D ). Special mentions go out to teams from Slovenia and Italy, who selflessly sent their own terrains to make this tournament better. Captain and a player of team Turkey (Ahmet Ilpars and another guy, whose name I do not remember) who helped setup the terrains, also Captain and a player of team France (lynx and AngelFred), who after seeing how poor the terrains looked, went above and beyond the line of duty and purchased some first aid stuff from their own pocket to fix the situation as much as possible. Also, pairing sleeves were provided by team England on their own initiative, a much appreciated help there guys!

Sponsors, You guys are awesome! This has been an ETC with the most valuable awards ever! So, Battlefront, Your Command, Army painter and their respectful representatives Matt, Alberto and Bo. Thank You guys immensely!

Fellow refs Matt and Carolus, and their young little helpers Santa Clause and MC Pepo coaches of England and Serbia. You guys were the best ref lot on the venue and it was an honour having You guys by my side. Yes, we were not perfect, and we have made some mistakes and bad calls. But, such is life. I apologise in the name of all of us and assure You that no mistake has been made with bad intent or malice.

I would also like to thank the AC for keeping us cool and suicide chairs for missing out on me.

Thank You guys, it was an honour and a pleasure, and surely one of the best ETCs I have had pleasure of visiting.

Hopefully I will see most of You guys again next Year in Novi Sad.

Cheers,
TheMarko, the one who doesn't look like he cares ;)

ETC enthusiast!

ThaMarko
Date registered 05.22.2018

RE: A thank You shout out

#2 by Doktor Helge , Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:15 pm

Indeed a Big thanks to all those people who makes Etc possible and an absolutely awesome event.

And Also a Huge Thank you to you Marko, the fow Etc would have a hard time, without the tireless work you put into it.
You have as before done an impressive job as the man with the plan at the ref table.

without your soft voice gently, sweetly and never yelling guiding the rounds and timetables, Etc would not run as smooth as it did.

2012 Mercenary for team Sweden FOW
2013 Captain Of the Danish FOW team
2014 Captain Of the Danish FOW team
2015 Captain Of the Danish FOW team
2016 Captain Of the Danish FOW team
2017 Captain Of the Danish FOW team
2018 Captain Of the Danish FOW team

Doktor Helge  
Doktor Helge
Date registered 05.28.2018

Last edited 08.06.2018 | Top

#3 by Reksio , Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:14 pm

Yeah Marko, you are the star of this show, really! :)

Reksio  
Reksio

#4 by ThaMarko , Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:49 pm

I did, in all my humbleness, thank myself for being there, didn't I? :D :D :D

Thanks guys, that really means a lot . . .

ETC enthusiast!

ThaMarko

#5 by ReBrock , Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:34 am

Thank you also for a great ETC with all the good and the wood ;)! Im really happy I got to see everyone again and had some fantastic time with toy soldiers. As a plus to all that Marko greatly thank, I would thank to all of us players who put their money and time to come to this great event and make it a world championship!
Thank you all and hope we see eachother in good health at the next ETC!

Teodor - Team Romania

ReBrock  
ReBrock
Date registered 07.01.2018

#6 by Lynx , Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:59 pm

Thank you Marko on behalf of team France. It is always a pleasure to see you at the ETC and we had laught like usual.

Thanks to all captains and players for this years ETC we knew it was a transition year and we handled it very well.

See you guys next time.
Cheers
Seb

Team France FoW Captain
2017 - Salamanca
2018 - Zagreb

Lynx  
Lynx
Date registered 05.15.2018

#7 by redvark , Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:39 am

Thanks Marko and the organising team, to all our opponents and the other teams, big thanks to Team Spain for giving me a couple of your La Nueve objectives, dice and counters, as I played La Nueve last year that was a great gift.
Probably see you all in Novi Sad

Team Scotland 2015 - Prague
Team Scotland 2016 - Athens
Team Scotland 2017 - Salamanca
Team Scotland 2018 - Zagreb - Captain

redvark  
redvark
Date registered 06.12.2018

#8 by Nigakero , Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:36 pm

Quote: redvark wrote in post #7
big thanks to Team Spain for giving me a couple of your La Nueve objectives, dice and counters, as I played La Nueve last year that was a great gift.
Probably see you all in Novi Sad

+1

Team Spain Fow 12, 13, 14, 18
Team UN2 Fow 15
Team Canada Fow 16
Fow Salamanca 17 Assist

Nigakero  
Nigakero
Date registered 05.23.2018

#9 by Mongol , Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:37 am

Finally returned from my vacation,
thanks to all judges and orga, that was a great event.
Thanks to all teams we played against, it was a pleasure, hope to see all of you next year in Novi Sad,
or maybe earlier, I do really hope that MidWar would breath new life in FoW tournaments.

2019 ETC Russia FoW Captain
2018 ETC Russia FoW Captain
2017 ETC Russia FoW
2015 WHFB Merc

Mongol
Date registered 05.27.2018

#10 by Carolus , Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:09 pm

it was an honor to help you guys, I hope to build some nice sceneries and bring them next time :D

Carolus  
Carolus
Date registered 07.21.2018

Battlemats for ETC 2018
Last minute drop out - Team Switzerland

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor