RE: List Submission Address + Checking

#46 by graham , Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:35 am

In Hellfire and Back, page 135, there is a note in the box for the HQ that says the bagpiper costs 10 points. In Forces it is the first box to tick.

Team England FoW 2014-2017
Team England FoW Captain 2018

graham  
graham
Date registered 05.17.2018

#47 by simple , Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:55 pm

I'll jump in and say that bagpiper seems to be a free option now. Page 72 of LW-EW rulebook says:

Zitat
Nominate one Infantry Team in your Company HQ, other
than your Commander, to be a Bagpiper. Any Unit within
6”/15cm of the Bagpiper requires one extra hit in the Shooting
Step and in Defensive Fire to become Pinned Down.

10p cost is written only for scots in 8th army afaik. Jock Column we used had no bagpiper option in v3. In v4 it is added by new special rule for an infantry team in Company HQs.

Team Belarus Spokesman,
Skywalker ((c) Marko)

ETC-2014 Team Belarus player
ETC-2015 Team Belarus player
ETC-2018 Team Belarus player

simple  
simple
Date registered 05.15.2018

#48 by graham , Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:04 pm

Interesting…

I had not read the text on page 72 as giving you the bagpiper for free but I can see why you might see it that way. If your understanding were correct, then the Special Rules and Warriors booklet ought to have deleted the additional cost of a bagpiper from Blitzkrieg page 125 and Hellfire and Back page 135 but it did not. Nor was it picked up in Lessons from the Front.

Still, this is not conclusive so I looked at what other teams have done. Slovenia and Austria have taken a bagpiper and paid 10 points for it. France has not taken a bagpiper in an infantry formation. Spain and New Zealand have not taken a bagpiper in Jock Column. Hungary and Italy have not taken one in Commonwealth infantry formations. All of these teams therefore do not seem to have taken your interpretation and yet they would have benefited from it.

Now you may be the only team to have read the rule right (that is not meant to be sarcastic - you may be right) but it would seem harsh on the other teams for you to be the only one to use an interpretation that is more favourable.

Let's see what others think. It is only 10 points either way and Team England does not have a British list so I am relaxed about this.

graham  
graham

#49 by Angelfred , Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:37 am

@Simple: sorry bro’, but we can’t follow you on this one.
True, the writing of the Bagpipe rule in the UK rules book section is confusing as it gives the impression EVERY British infantry army has one. But no, it’s not the case, and the rules describe the effect of the Bagpiper if your army actually includes one.
The Bagpiper is an option, which is not available in every British list, and which needs to be paid if you want to include one (10 points). If you don’t pay it, then there is no Bagpiper in your Force.
Sorry :(

Angelfred  
Angelfred
Date registered 05.24.2018

#50 by simple , Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:14 am

@graham @Angelfred

So what would be the final way? Are we allowed to take bagpiper in every British inf HQ after paying 10p or we still follow force org. chart from the books and include it only in lists where it was initially allowed?

Team Belarus Spokesman,
Skywalker ((c) Marko)

ETC-2014 Team Belarus player
ETC-2015 Team Belarus player
ETC-2018 Team Belarus player

simple  
simple

#51 by Angelfred , Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:27 am

@Simple: are all British army made of Scots ? ^^
Obviously, only those with the option to buy a Bagpiper can have a Bagpiper.
But I agree with you, the rédaction of the UK rules should have been better !

Angelfred  
Angelfred
Date registered 05.24.2018

#52 by graham , Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:29 am

"Diet rich as as" has PM'd me. It would be a bit unfair of me to post his message so I suggest you check with him.

For other teams lists, it is too late to change.

graham  
graham

#53 by Jonny , Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:03 am

More checking from Santa:

Poland Lists

Zitat von Santa
Mateusz Sobczak Dual formation Light Tankovy from Barb. Digital is 5 points over - 1210 plus 445. =1655. Have I missed something?.

Oskar Kida French Recce does not have the points rebates marked and does not show which Observer has been retained which matters when calculating reserve/ontable points.

Michal Jozwiak Romanian Does not show how the core 47mm schneider guns are differentiated from the support ones

None of these have the (not compulsory) notes on how command is marked and how to differentiate similar units; the latter only being a requirement when one or more are support and one or more are core.

Romania

Zitat von Santa
Andrei Mirea Red Banner Strelkovy Does not explain how to differentiate between the core 45mm AT gun unit and the support one.

It would be nice to have comments as to how command is marked and how to differentiate similar units but not compulsory (except above) - all lists.

2009 Northern Ireland WFB Captain
2010 - 2012 Northern Ireland 40K Captain
2013 Northern Ireland FoW ETC Chairman
2014 - 2015 Northern Ireland FoW Captain
2016 Canada FoW (Merc)
2017 Northern Ireland FoW Captain
2018 Scotland FoW (Merc) ETC Chairman

Jonny  
Jonny
Date registered 05.14.2018

#54 by Dirkhrod , Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:23 am

Hi,

In Andrei's case, the edges of the bases will be painted in different colours, this is how we always differentiate between units. Not sure what the colours will be, but the difference will be visible.

Cheers,
Dan

ETC 2014 - FoW Romania Captain - British Airlanding Company (LW)
ETC 2015 - FoW Romania Captain - British Armoured Car Squadron (EW)
ETC 2016 - FoW Romania Captain - Soviet Kazachiy Polk (MW)
ETC 2017 - FoW Romania Captain - British Airlanding Company (LW)
ETC 2018 - FoW Romania Captain - Finnish Panssarikomppania (EW)

Dirkhrod

#55 by graham , Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:19 pm

Quote: graham wrote in post #52
"Diet rich as as" has PM'd me. It would be a bit unfair of me to post his message so I suggest you check with him.

For other teams lists, it is too late to change.

I guess he's not going to post the info himself so I will - he said he'd change his list.

graham  
graham

#56 by graham , Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:15 pm

I think we still need checkers for:

Denmark
Hungary
New Zealand
Scotland

Santa and I do not have the time to do any more and it's not ideal for the comp that one team does a large part of the checking. Could we have one or two more volunteers, please?

graham  
graham

#57 by Kranden , Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:52 am

Hi Graham, I'm a Spanish player and if you still need a checker I can do it. Sorry for the late response, but I haven't read this till now

Kranden  
Kranden
Date registered 07.05.2018

#58 by graham , Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:57 am

Kranden - yes please!

graham  
graham

#59 by Kranden , Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:20 am

PM!!

Kranden  
Kranden

#60 by Kranden , Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:20 pm

Denmark, Hungary, New Zealand and Scotland lists checked.

Some minor errors found, but nothing really important:

NEW ZEALAND:
French infantry list is done using v3 forces app, so artillery FP values are not updated.

SCOTLAND
Norwegian list: checking the briefing, pioneer squads consists of 3 teams each, so the full platoon should be 12 rifle teams instead of 8. In addition, the rebate column mixes positive and negative values when all should be the same (this column must be subtracted from the original point value of each platoon to calculate the actual point cost of it). Nevertheless, the maths are done properly.

Kranden  
Kranden

Dice/Merch exchange on ETC
A basic rules question

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor