Rules Pack Question / Amendment

#1 by redvark , Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:19 am

I note that the Dutch and Norwegian lists are not allowed an allied formation from outside their pdf - which basically means no allied formations for those two nations

This is historically incorrect, given that the Dutch strategically were reliant on French assistance in the south and the Norwegians fought significant engagements with allied formations (beyond the allied units inside their lists)

To maintain historicity and fairness I'd propose that the the two pdfs are allowed to access allies from within Blitzkrieg - in accordance with the other rules pertaining (e.g Norwegians can't get Char Bs !)

Also not sure why Hold the Line has been deleted from the Norwegian pdf

Team Scotland 2015 - Prague
Team Scotland 2016 - Athens
Team Scotland 2017 - Salamanca
Team Scotland 2018 - Zagreb - Captain

redvark  
redvark
Date registered 06.12.2018

Last edited 06.14.2018 | Top

RE: Rules Pack Question / Amendment

#2 by graham , Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:00 pm

Hi Redvark,

At two weeks from list submission, it is probably getting a bit late to make changes to the allowed lists.

The Hold the Line rule allowed a Norwegian company to re-roll its first failed company morale test. The analogous rule in v4 is a formation last stand and, as it is automatically failed, a re-roll makes little sense. I am a bureaucrat and you are a Stalinist, so let me reassure that I am not indulging in independent thought here. Battlefront did a similar thing with the Unflappable rule, which in v3 used to apply to British Guards' platoon and company morale checks, now it only applies to unit last stand tests. See for example pages 5, 11 and 17 of the special rules book. Hope this helps.

regards,
Graham

Team England FoW 2014-2017
Team England FoW Captain 2018

graham  
graham
Date registered 05.17.2018

#3 by Doktor Helge , Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:37 pm

Need clarification of the armylist selektion part.

“Each team May only use one list containing formation(S) Of a given type (tank/mech/inf) from any given nation”

This means that only 1 player Can have a list with german tanks.. but This particular list Can have a secondary formation Also Of german tanks. Since the text refers to the list (armylist used by the player)
I Think that is why we added the (S) in plural. To accomodate players who would like to compose two formations Of tanks together in one army list
Am I Right ??

The intention Of the restriction on tank formations pr team (or other formations) is to make sure there is a variety Of lists, and not just 6 players with german tanks on each team

2012 Mercenary for team Sweden FOW
2013 Captain Of the Danish FOW team
2014 Captain Of the Danish FOW team
2015 Captain Of the Danish FOW team
2016 Captain Of the Danish FOW team
2017 Captain Of the Danish FOW team
2018 Captain Of the Danish FOW team

Doktor Helge  
Doktor Helge
Date registered 05.28.2018

#4 by graham , Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:56 pm

Yes, the intention is exactly as you describe it.

Team England FoW 2014-2017
Team England FoW Captain 2018

graham  
graham
Date registered 05.17.2018

#5 by redvark , Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:46 am

ok, I thought i'd ask

we're only coming for the beer and because Zagreb is nice !!

Team Scotland 2015 - Prague
Team Scotland 2016 - Athens
Team Scotland 2017 - Salamanca
Team Scotland 2018 - Zagreb - Captain

redvark  
redvark
Date registered 06.12.2018

Rulespack Finalisation Vote
ETC 2018 UN Team - FoW

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor